T-minus 3 days! After a year of applications, doctors appointments, shopping trips to L.L. Bean, sad goodbyes and 2 final days of frantic packing and alternating between being worried about having too much and not enough stuff, I am finally headed out to Cape Verde! I’ll be starting my trip tomorrow with a flight up to Boston to spend some time with my cousin and indulge in my last few chances for American living. On Thursday afternoon I head over to Cambridge where I will be meeting up with all the other Peace Corps volunteers that will be serving in Cape Verde. We have a day long orientation where we all freak out together before boarding our direct (!) flight to Praia, Cape Verde Friday evening. Once I arrive in CV, I (along with all the other newbies) will be staying in Praia for 4 days for an orientation to pre-service training (PST). Then, on July 21 we will move to the city of Assomada for 9 weeks of PST. During that time I will live with a host family and participate in training activities, which consist of language, technical, cross-cultural, health and safety and security lessons.
I will try my best to update this blog on a somewhat regular basis (fingers crossed for decent internet connection!) so check back every once in awhile or whenever you are bored at work! Much love and thanks to all my family and friends for their support (especially those crazy kids who drove all the way down from NY to help me pack!) you are the best and I’m going to miss you all!
Send me emails! Leave me comments! Come and visit! You all best keep in touch!
I will try my best to update this blog on a somewhat regular basis (fingers crossed for decent internet connection!) so check back every once in awhile or whenever you are bored at work! Much love and thanks to all my family and friends for their support (especially those crazy kids who drove all the way down from NY to help me pack!) you are the best and I’m going to miss you all!
Send me emails! Leave me comments! Come and visit! You all best keep in touch!

Hopefully under the 80 lb limit!
Trabalhar por um mundo melhor, nós te amamos muito
ReplyDelete-a Mãe eo Pai
Oh my gosh I'm soo pumped for you! (and for having another fantabulous distraction during my work day for the next two years! -- you best post at least 4 times a day so I don't have to be productive :D).
ReplyDeleteSarah I am sooo excited for you!!!I hope things go well you must tell all of us each and every thing that happens! keep us updated and I will miss you!! <3
ReplyDeleteYay Sarah! You are doing an amazing thing! I miss you already! I'll be checking your blog constantly! ps - LOVE THE GREEN! =)
ReplyDeleteWooohoo! Post more than our dear friend Steve. Have a safe trip over!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Like post now! Are you there yet? Is it awesome? Can you already speak Creole? Can I come visit? Is your host family cool? Did you make soo many new friends? Did you say Hi to Shambo for me? ; ) (hahahaha)
ReplyDeleteBon voyage. Hope you made it over safely!
ReplyDelete